One of the major problems that home and business owners have to contend with is roof damage. This is a particularly common problem in areas that involve long winters and strong winds, which take their toll on roofs of all kinds, no matter what their material. In Idaho Falls, roofers are often required to solve these problems.
At Columbia Basin Exteriors, our roofers know how to solve a variety of problems resulting from extreme temperatures, high winds, ice and water damage, and other factors. We repair roof damage through comprehensive project planning and proper execution, and we make sure everything is cleaned up after we’re done.
We understand that the ramifications of unrepaired roof damage can end up being both costly and dangerous. Don’t wait for your roof damage to get worse. Our Idaho Falls roofers will make sure the damage is repaired.
Common Causes Of Roof Damage
- Improper Installation – When roofs weren’t installed properly to begin with, the chances of roof damage occurring rise significantly.
- Poor Maintenance – Failing to consistently inspect your roof for possible damage, and neglecting roof maintenance, will eventually lead to roof damage of some kind. While some roofing materials are stronger than others, all materials are going to eventually degrade in some way.
- Ice Damage – Our long, harsh winters end up causing a lot of ice damage to roofs of all kinds. This kind of damage occurs when sunlight melts that fluffy, freshly fallen snow, only for the newly created moisture to refreeze later on during the night in the shingles and flashing. Not only is the ice bad enough, but the recurring process of freezing and melting can loosen up various roofing materials, leading to an overall weakening of the structure. This causes leaks, water damage, and mold.
- Wind Damage – In Idaho Falls, roofers are often repairing roof damage caused by the sometimes overwhelming winds we get in this area. These spells of strong winds can last for days and even weeks, in which time the wind ends up weakening shingles, loosening nails, and even damaging roofs as a result of the debris that the winds carry.
- General Weather Damage – Even relatively “mild” weather can take its toll on roofing materials. Direct exposure to UV light and other weather phenomena over time will damage just about anything to some degree.
What To Do If Your Roof Is Damaged
The first thing you should do is contact your insurance provider to go over what can be covered by your insurance plan. Columbia Basin Exteriors can meet with your insurance adjuster, and subsequently make sure that you are getting the most out of your plan.
What Our Idaho Falls Roofers Can Provide
We provide roof repair for both commercial and residential properties. We can repair damage to roofs comprised of virtually any material, including:
We combine training and experience with the ability to innovate in order to complete any roofing project. When you choose Columbia Basin Exteriors, you can rest assured that your roof is in the hands of the professionals you can rely on.