The purpose of rain gutters is to ensure that water properly drains off your roof, down your house, and away from fascia, soffit, and the foundation, so that it doesn’t build up in any areas and result in water damage. When rain gutters are damaged, or not properly installed, the consequences can be more extreme than you might expect. Water damage is not only costly, it’s a potential health risk for a number of reasons, such as the toll it takes on the integrity of your home’s infrastructure, or the buildup of bacteria and mold.
Columbia Basin Exteriors has plenty of experience installing and repairing Idaho Falls rain gutters of all types, styles, and materials, including:
- Stainless Steel
Whether we’re installing a brand new gutter or replacing an old one, our technicians are the experts you can rely on. We provide our installation services to both residential and commercial properties.
We’ll make sure the gutter system is installed properly the first time so that it works reliably and consistently. With our services, you can rest assured that your house is protected from water damage.
In Utah, rain gutters that are damaged need to be repaired as quickly as possible. Failing to do so can end up with disastrous outcomes, as the long winters and frequent rain storms increase the risk of leaks in crawl spaces, basements, in between the siding and the drywall, and in other areas.
Here are some signs that your gutters are in need of repair:
- Cracks or splits – Even if these are small, they can become huge problems in almost no time. When gutters are damaged, further damage tends to occur more quickly, which can eventually lead to water damage to the fascia boards, shingles, and foundation.
- Water and/or mold buildup around the foundation of your house – The whole point of gutters is to direct water away from your house and its foundation, so water that is building up near the foundation is a clear sign that something is wrong. This could be the result of damage or some kind of clog. It can even be the result of improper installation or a problem in the overall gutter system.
- Sagging gutters – This happens when gutters are getting pulled down by the weight of water within them.
- Peeling paint and/or orange flecks around your gutters – Gutter paint is made to resist aging and damage over time, so unless your gutters are particularly old, seeing a large amount of peeling paint and orange flakes (which is a sign of the beginning of major rust damage) is a bad sign. Rusty gutters mean water is not flowing properly.
- Water marks or damage under the gutters – This can indicate leaks. It can also indicate overflowing water as a result of clogs.
If you need rain gutter repair, Idaho Falls has plenty of roofing and exterior contractors, but none are as dedicated to quality service as Columbia Basin Exteriors.